Monday, March 5, 2012

Birth of the Roots



March 5, 2012
First Dreadlocks
I thought I'd start by explaining how I came to have my dreadlocks.  I've wanted dreadlocks since I was in middle school.  I went to a catholic school, so waiting until I graduated from high school was my only option.  In 2010 I got my first dreadlocks.  I separated, backcombed and crocheted all of them myself.  It took 2 weeks to put them in.  I felt I wasn't fully prepared mentally and physically.  My head would itch constantly because I didn't have a good shampoo.  I also missed my long hair.  So I combed them out a few months later.  About a year later, on September 25, 2011, they made a comeback.  I had bet a good friend of mine that if he finally got his dreadlocks, I would get mine too.  So after eight hours of backcombing and crocheting, I began again with 112 dreadlocks.  Now, 5 months later, I have 102, all of which I cherish to the root.

No comments:

Post a Comment